HOME > NOURISHING NEWS
Got Produce? It is Always Available at Your Local Farmers Market
Produce is packed with vital nutrients and compounds for health, with many fruits, vegetables and herbs considered to be super foods! Despite the health benefits, most of us do not eat enough. We are fortunate to have produce readily available, with Farmer’s Markets open year-round in some areas to meet daily needs.
Get Your Daily Dose
Include a variety of colorful produce. Strive for at least 1½ - 2 cups of fruit and 2½ - 3 cups of vegetables daily.
According to the USDA MyPlate-
- • One cup of vegetables is equal to:
- 1 cup of raw or cooked vegetable or 2 cups of raw leafy greens
- • One cup of fruit is equal to:
- a medium piece of fresh fruit or 1 cup
Meeting this daily goal for fruits and vegetables enables your body to function at its best. Add up your cups for the day and see if you are getting your daily dose.
Tips to Boost Fruit and Vegetable Intake
- Always have fruits and vegetables available at home, including fresh and frozen.
- Strive for vegetables and/or fruits at each meal. Make half of your plate produce.
- Have fresh fruits and vegetables cut up and ready to eat in the refrigerator for a quick snack.
- Add fresh fruit to salads or breakfast cereals.
- Add vegetables to eggs, soups and stews.
Get Your Colors!
Each color range contains different compounds or phytonutrients. These phytonutrients provide powerful antioxidants and health benefits.
||Immunity, Heart & Joints
||Heart & Vision Health and a Strong Immune System
||Mind Sharpening, Anti-Inflammatory
||Vision & Bone Health
The more colorful your plate, the healthier it is!
NOURISHING NEWS ARCHIVES
May 2013 Newsletter
April 2013 Newsletter
March 2013 Newsletter
February 2013 Newsletter
January 2013 Newsletter
December 2012 Newsletter
November 2012 Newsletter
October 2012 Newsletter
September 2012 Newsletter
August 2012 Newsletter
July 2012 Newsletter
June 2012 Newsletter
May 2012 Newsletter